Thief's specialties include combo locking and basic juggling.
Thieves are one of the most commonly seen enemies throughout the game. They first appear in the Barbarian War level, where a Thief is looting a dead Gray Knight body, this is also where the player(s) first get the Bow and Arrow to keep permanently. Secondly, they appear in the Barbarian Boss level; after the Barbarian Boss' health has been lowered significantly, they'll steal the Orange Princess, Green Princess, and Blue Princess. Thirdly, the Thieves will make a deal with Prince Philipe, the Industrial Prince with his Fencer bodyguard of sort in Forest Entrance; the deal being taking the Orange Princess to the Industrial Castle. The enemy making the deal in question, is a Beefy Thief. Fourthly, the Thieves are briefly seen taking the Green Princess and Blue Princess through the forest in Thieves' Forest during which, there are many Thieves waiting to ambush the player(s). Later on in the same level, the player(s) can see that they have their own little establishment of stolen things out in the open near the Troll Mother fight. 3 Thieves get scared off by the Troll Mother that was in the Abandoned Mill. Fifthly, the same Thieves that are taking the Green and Blue Princess notice the player(s) going through a river and try to stop the player(s) by shooting arrows at the player(s) in Rapids Ride. Next, the same exact Thieves that the player(s) have seen for 3 levels, sell the Green Princess to the Cyclops in which, the Conehead Groom tries to marry, and they also sell the Blue Princess to the Frost King for a damsel in distress in Tall Grass Field. Then, the Thieves can be seen throwing Bombs at the player(s) trying to prevent them from taking the Green Princess away from the Cyclops and they, the Green Princess, the Cyclops, and the player(s) had the Giant Troll trailing them from behind in Parade. Immediately afterwards, the player(s) encounter the Thieves looting the carriage that the Cyclops abandoned, and they are grouped up with a couple of Coneheads that come from the cave entrance to ambush the player(s) in Cyclops' Cave. Later on in the game, a Thief is resurrected in Wizard Castle Interior by the Necromancer in the Necromancer's Room. Finally, a Thief is shooting arrows at a target impressing the Blue Princess and making the Gray Knights around the Thief nervous in Barracks after the player(s) kill the Evil Wizard, get on the crystal, and sit through the End Credits in Final Battle.
Thieves own all of the land in and around Thieves' Forest and when Thieves shoot arrows, they'll always move in a straight line never dropping midair. Thief, if your luck with obtaining the Snakey Staff is bad, is the best option for obtaining the weapon if you complete the game with him.
- Enemy thieves are the only characters in game who use bows and arrows above all other forms of attack, unless you get really close to them.
- Enemy thieves will very rarely attack you with their swords.
- Thieves resemble Jawas from the Star Wars universe, a possible reference to the franchise.
- Enemy thieves drop a bow upon death if the player does not yet have one.
- Unlike most enemies, Thieves are able to pick up Gold and Food left behind from killing other enemies. They can also intercept food Hawkster, Owlet, and Zebra are bringing you.
- The Beefy Thief is the first Beefy enemy you actually fight, because the Beefy Barbarian only appears in cutscenes until the Necromancer boss fight.
- The Thieves do not owe allegiance to any faction, they are employed primarily by the Barbarians; one is seen wearing the Bear banner.
- The Thief's hood bears resemblance to the Iceskimo's hood because they are both tucked in.
- On the Rapids Ride and Catfish levels, one of the objects floating in the water that you can jump on is a dead Thief.
- Thief, Peasant, Civilian, Stove Face and Open Faced Gray Knight are re-skins of each other. Peasant, Civilian, and Open Faced Gray Knight have a different looking dagger however.
- The Thief is a D Rank character. (D)
- The Thief is sometimes referred to as "buttface", or "anusface".
- The Thief is the only character with an item in his portrait.
- The Thief is a star head in Battleblock Theater.
- The Thief in the final barracks is able to kill you, allowing you to not have to kiss the Orange Princess.