Royal Guard's specialties include damage over time, extreme knockback, demolition, advanced juggling, and combo locking.
Royal Guards are first seen in Desert paired up with multiple Scarabs. Their next appearance is in Desert Chase where a single Royal Guard is seen paired up with Saracens. 2 Beefy Royal Guards make an appearance in Sand Castle Interior where they fight alongside Saracens. 2 Royal Guards are seen paired up with a single Saracen on the last wave in Sand Castle Roof. The Royal Guard makes their final appearance in Wizard Castle Interior where they are resurrected by the Necromancer in his room .
Royal Guard at first, to many beginners, appears to be yet another shameless carbon copy of the dedicated and fan nicknamed "Arrow Rainers", whom are Thief, Peasant, Civilian, Open-Faced Gray Knight, and Stove Face. However, this is fortunately not the case with Royal Guard. His Magic Projectile and Air Projectile are one the best in the game, alongside Conehead and Gray Knight's. Royal Guard is a key playable character to utilize Spellweaving when learned.
Decent Castle Crashers. Spellweaving makes Royal Guard practically invincible in some key difficult levels, when mastered.
Royal Guard is able to do bomb resets in arena along with Conehead and Gray Knight. The set up includes a mediumweight combo, and an Air Projectile. There is a video showing it here this can be customized accordingly. Royal Guard is nowhere close to being a good character in arena because of the fact that Royal Guard has "Arrow Rain" as his Splash Attack and bombs are the only consistent way to reset an opponent.
|Green Knight||Royal Guard||Saracen|
- It is never revealed what royal family the guards serve, but it is likely whatever royal family lives in the Sand Castle.
- According to The Behemoth's development blog, Royal Guard "is very similar to a giant enemy crab that is based on Japanese history?"
- This is based on the Giant Enemy Crab meme from E3's 2006 presentation on Genji: Days of the Blade (GENJI -神威奏乱-).
- Royal Guard is widely considered to be the most powerful character in the game, in Arena Mode, alongside Conehead.
- Many people refer to the Royal Guard as "Chain Face".
- Royal Guard's appearance looks very similar to that of the Rajput warriors due to his "chain face" armor.
- Royal Guard, Conehead, Gray Knight, Iceskimo, Alien, and Blacksmith are Hybrid Magic characters.
- Royal Guard and Conehead are reskins of each other. These two are also superior than Gray Knight, but only because of their better Elemental Infusion.
- When buffed up after using a sandwich, Royal Guard appears to be the same size as most characters after using a sandwich, but NPC Royal Guards in Sand Castle Interior are strangely larger than even the playable Royal Guard using a sandwich.
- When the beefy NPC Royal Guard approaches the player to attack them, unlike every other beefy, they slam their spiky shields at the player rather than hitting them.
- NPC Royal Guards have the ability to throw bombs freely.
- Royal Guard is resurrected once by the Necromancer in Wizard Castle Interior.