Ninja's specialties include advanced boss slaying, combo locking, basic juggling and knockback crowd control.
The player(s) first encounter several Ninjas boarding the player's/players' ship in the Pirate Ship level. After dealing with the Ninjas their ship sinks into the ocean nose first. Their ship manages to surface as some Ninjas are seen still alive. Next, the Ninja isn't seen again until the Wizard Castle Interior level where the Necromancer resurrects only one to fight the player(s). Finally, the Ninjas reappear again in the End Credits as they still are stuck in the same predicament that the player(s) left them in: surfaced and stranded on a broken ship.
It is possible that the Ninjas are not serving under anyone's rule besides themselves bar the one Ninja found in the Necromancer's Room.
The Ninja is a ninja pirate hybrid that is majority Ninja as his Splash Attack, Magic Projectile, Air Projectile, and Magic Jump Magic attacks and Flying Kick and Log Replacement techniques prove this. The Ninja is clad in a typical shinobi shōzoku that is colored dark blue. The tunic is also part of the shinobi shōzoku. He also has on a skull with crossbones insignia on his headband, befitting of his minority pirate characteristics. As for the pirate part, his shield is a cup of ale and nothing else is pirate-like. The Ninja has white dots for eyes which can be regularly seen when performing a light attack on a Ninja or getting hurt as the playable Ninja.
Ninja is a decent boss slayer with a good Beefy hitting ratio with his "Smoke Screen" Splash Attack. Hitting the Beefy up to knockdown. Completely identical to Snakey and Brute in terms of viability. There is a case for Ninja to be a decent intermediate friendly character with the greatest Unlock Path, unlike Fencer.
Capitalize on Magic as soon as possible. Weapon choice almost doesn't make a difference due to how fair the "Smoke Screen" Splash Attack is. Ninja, as well as any boss slayer in the game, bar Fire Demon and Red Knight, truly only struggles against massive amounts of enemies or a very quick heavyweight such as in Thieves' Forest and Wizard Castle Interior and Conehead Groom, respectively. Especially if the Ninja player can not utilize Juggling at all to save his/her life.
Late game, Ninja is above average. Recommended to use a Strength heavy weapon, a Magic heavy weapon, or both. Animal Orb selection does make a bit of difference. The top 3 in Piggy, Snoot, and Hawkster, will suffice.
Ninja is an underrated Arena character. "Smoke Screen" Splash Attack comes quick, which leads to a mediumweight juggle.
|Orange Knight||Fire Demon||Ninja|
- While attacking an NPC Ninja he will sometimes fall over, only for the player to find the Ninja substituted himself with a log, and the real one reappears on the other side of the player, attempting to attack him. This can easily be dodged by moving around once they drop the decoy, and it can be blocked with your shield.
- The log transformation may be a reference to many ninja/martial arts-based movies, such as Kung Pow or Karate Kid, where logs are often used, symbolically or physically, to represent strength.
- The reason Ninjas are on the Pirate Ship is perhaps a nod to the old comedic conflict about "Pirates vs. Ninjas".
- Ninja's white irises that appear in his portrait do not appear in game.
- Ninja's arrows are Kunai.
- The Ninja's starting weapon, the Sai, gives one of the greatest agility boosts in the game, +6 Agility. This is likely a reference to ninjas having fast and quick movements.
- On the Xbox 360, players can dress up their Avatar as the Ninja by purchasing both the hood and tunic in the Avatar Store.
- The Ninja is the only playable character to make voice sound effects.
- The Ninja is one of only two characters in the game that use objects for shields, instead of an actual shield, the Ninja using the mug of ale and Alien using a grenade.