Hatty Hattington's specialties include basic juggling and combo locking.
Hatty Hattington is the possessed villain of BattleBlock Theater with the objective being to save him from the power of the hat. He is typically a DLC Character in Castle Crashers, unlocked by purchasing the Can't Stop Crying Pack on PlayStation 3, and he can be purchased from the Insane Store on Xbox One, PlayStation 4, and Nintendo Switch for 1200 gold. He can be obtained on PC by purchasing BattleBlock Theater on Steam, and he can be unlocked on the Xbox 360 by getting an achievement in the Xbox Live Arcade game, BattleBlock Theater.
His Magic contains references to the same game.
Recently discovered to not live up to his reputation as arguably the worst character in the game, in Castle Crashers, Hatty Hattington can carry a player even in Insane Mode. His worst aspects remain the same, his Splash Attack and Magic Projectile.
Hatty Hattington actually has a decent time alone in several levels. Maximizing Magic to reach his Air Projectile is recommended once Spellweaving is learned.
- Hatty Hattington has the longest Splash Attack delay of any character in the game.
- Hatty Hattington is the only character that can be killed before his Splash Attack hits enemies. Recommended to predict when the enemy/enemies will approach Hatty Hattington before casting.
- Hatty Hattington's Magic has references to his game of origin: BattleBlock Theater. The golden whale can be seen in the opening cutscene and a special arena mode called "Gold Grab", gems are collected to complete levels, and wings are a power-up item that temporarily grants the ability to fly.
- Hatty Hattington is the only character who has four unlock conditions, which are console-dependent.
- Hatty Hattington and the Alien are the only two characters in Castle Crashers to have originally come from different games.
- The cooldown for Hatty Hattington's projectile is slightly shorter than all other characters besides Alien.
- In the select screen of Arena, what should appear as Hatty Hattington's head appears as the head of the Blacksmith.
- There is a rare glitch on the Remastered Edition where Hatty Hattington's starting weapon is the Skinny Sword, however you can purchase him again on another account and use a cheating method to get the Emerald Sword, his actual starting weapon.