Full Moon is the thirty-first level in Castle Crashers. On Insane Mode, this is the most time consuming level in the entire game, along with Desert and Marsh; further amplified if you play as a bad Magic character.
Arguably the most beautiful level in Castle Crashers, here's what awaits you:
- Wave 1: 3 Stove Faces: 2 Regular, 1 Beefy.
- Wave 2: 3 Stove Faces: 2 Regular, 1 Beefy.
Focusing on one route
- Wave 3: 1 Stove Face: Beefy.
If you decided to methodically focus on killing only one enemy, then this level may be the only one in the game to possess such feature. Beefy killing is trivial to intermediate players...
- Wave 4: 2 Stove Faces.
...proceed to kill these two Stove Faces.
Focusing on three route
- Wave 3: 3 Stove Faces: 2 Regular, 1 Beefy.
If you decided to methodically focus on killing on three enemies, then you repeat what you did 2 Waves earlier.
- Wave 5/Wave 4: 12 Stove Faces.
- Wave 6/Wave 5: 4 Stove Faces and 4 Iceskimos (Remastered).
Wave 6/Wave 5: 5 Stove Faces and 3 Iceskimos (Original).
The infamous horde of enemies. Arguably the highest legitimate amount of enemies seen in Castle Crashers. Typically, you reach the highest place and stay there to nullify the next Wave essentially, and do it all at once. Hidden here is the Key Sword in the second shack and a lone Gladiator Sword in the first shack. Be sure to bring Cardinal with you in this instance.
- Wave 7/Wave 6: 1 Stove Face and 2 Iceskimos.
Once the enemies are killed, proceed to arguably, the breather level, Snow World.
Optimal Insane Mode Full Moon
On Waves 1 to 3, you should kill the Beefys using these inputs utilizing the Beefy AI Manipulation exploit: / . Kill the regular Stove Faces with / . Don't forget to lure the other Stove Faces from the 3rd wave or else they'll be fought in a separate wave. Adding an unnecessary wave.
Proceed to Snow World.
- Gladiator Sword - Stove Faces have a chance of dropping this weapon. Another way to get this weapon is to travel to the first shack and obtain the weapon stashed there.
- Key Sword - Cardinal required; after climbing the first ladder of the level and going near the second shack, Cardinal will bring the weapon towards you.
- Fishing Spear - Iceskimos have a chance of dropping this weapon; you'll have a better chance of this weapon being dropped in the next level, Snow World.
There are no animal orbs to be found on this level.
- Bring the Cardinal here to retrieve the Key Sword from the second shack.
- The third Beefy Stove Face you fight is the one throwing the giant boulders.
- The player can abuse the ladder trick to your will; this will make fighting the 18 combined enemies in Wave 5 (Focusing on one route), Wave 4 (Focusing on three route), Wave 6 (Focusing on one route), and Wave 5 (Focusing on three route) much easier.
- The enemies can never hit the player at a certain height when climbing the ladders. Whenever the player decides to go down a ladder, the enemies will fully go down the ladder.
- The 3 beefy Stove Faces found in this level are extremely easy and quick to kill through the Beefy AI Manipulation exploit.
Boulder Dive Glitch
- Dive towards a Beefy Stove Face while boulders are being thrown. If timed correctly, a player will do a hefty amount to the Stove Face and will continue diving while also being pushed back. Another possible effect is that a player will get knocked back by a boulder upwards while dealing a certain amount to the player.
Beefy to Regular Stove Face Glitch
- Minor glitch; after encountering the third beefy Stove Face that's in his boulder throwing animation, he'll change into a regular Stove Face equipped with a Gladiator Sword or Butcher Knife (Remastered) for a split second before turning back into a Beefy.
- Stand at one of two of the ladders and do an XYY combo from the ground while holding down on the left control stick. This will rapidly damage the Stove Faces but serves as a semi-mediumweight juggle.
Stage Skip Glitch
- In the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Castle Crashers, it is possible to skip this level by playing it normally to the part with the first 3 Stove Faces, afterward, exiting Game, and then re-selecting the character the player wants to skip the level with. If done right, Snow World will be unlocked.
- The music that plays throughout this level is Dark Skies by MaestroRage.
- This is the only level in the entire game to fight Stove Faces in.
- In the Remastered versions of Castle Crashers, the background changed to a much more pleasant looking night sky.