Frost King, also known as Ice King, presumably had all the Iceskimos build the Ice Castle for him and had them and the Stove Faces set traps. He arrived in Tall Grass Field in a hooded robe to receive the Blue Princess from the Thieves carrying her, before teleporting back to the Ice Castle. Back at the Ice Castle, he would later observe the Castle Crashers' victory at the Industrial Castle.
Before you fight him in the Ice Castle, a tower of three Iceskimos will try taking you down by shooting arrows and Frost King will follow up by hurling an ice wave at you. From there on, whether the arrows or ice wave are used is randomized, so the player must listen to the sounds they make and remember the order of the most recent attacks used. As the signs at the beginning of the room show, one must shield to avoid the arrows and jump to avoid the ice wave.
The Yeti Animal Orb is designed to be used in the boss battle, as it nullifies the freezing effect of ice attacks and the damage from the icicles will be greatly reduced. You can also avoid being frozen by staying airborne, as you cannot be frozen while jumping.
- Teleportation: The Frost King can teleport to any location.
- Laugh: Frost King pauses in spot after teleportation to laugh and taunt the player. This move deals no damage and is usually performed after he uses a different ability, as this move cannot be used twice in a row. This move serves no purpose other than to spite the player.
- Ground Ice: Frost King will teleport into place. He will gather power in his hands. When it is fully charged, ice will come out of the ground, freezing you. This is easily dodged as cracks form where the ice is about to come out.
- Ground Ice Line: Frost King will also teleport into place, and cause ice to come out in a line. He will NOT build up to do this. So, you have to wait a few seconds before you attack him.
- Ice Shards: Later in the fight, he will cause ice shards to fall, causing damage if they hit you. When his health is low, the ice shards fall much more rapidly. (note he also starts to appear faster.
Frost King Laughing at the player
- The floor in his cave will often cause you to slide. This effect may be nullified by the Yeti animal orb.
- Frost King seems to be one of the Evil Wizard's most powerful and trusted minions, as he is the final boss before the Wizard's castle.
- If you freeze and play with a controller, the easiest way to wiggle out is to hold one direction on the joystick and tap the other direction on the D-pad until you get out.
- In Insane Mode, the Frost King has the most health out of any boss (having 50000 HP), even more than the Evil Wizard.
- His crown appears to be frozen to his head.
- His death sequence shows his body freezing as he screams in pain.
- If you beat him while playing as the Iceskimo you will get the Traitor achievement/trophy.