The photos above are animal orbs that do something related to food.
Food is an item that can restore the player's health meter. They can be found throughout the game by destroying objects such as grass or statues, by opening chests, or by defeating enemies, among other methods. The amount of life gained from a food item is affected by the character's total amount of HP and by the level of his Defense stat.
Food is also the main game mechanic of All You Can Quaff, a side mode centered around speed eating.
How to ObtainEdit
Food can be found in a variety of places throughout the Kingdom:
- Enemies sometimes drop food when killed.
- Food can appear by destroying breakable objects (like mushrooms or chests). These objects are scripted and will always spawn a particular food item when destroyed.
- Food can sometimes be found by cutting sections of grass with your weapon.
- Owlet can retrieve food from trees.
- Hawkster can retrieve food from fallen enemies.
- Zebra can find food in grassy areas.
- The Painter will spit out several pieces of food after being defeated in Normal Mode (he will spit Health Potions too on Insane Mode).
|Popcorn||1 HP||Corn Boss|
|Red Apple||10%||Any level|
|Ice Cream Cone||10%||Wedding Crash|
|Whipped Cream Cake||10%|
|Chocolate Chip Cookie||10%|
|French Fries||10%||Lava World|
|Round Striped Candy||10%||Snow World|
|Rectangular Striped Candy||10%|
|Cactus||N/A||Exclusive to All You Can Quaff|
|Goop?||N/A||Rarely Appears in All You Can Quaff (No footage found, may be unused)|
|Ice Cream||N/A||Rarely Appears in All You Can Quaff|
|Fish||N/A||Unused, image found in game files.|
- Using the Piggy animal orb will double the amount of health you regain from each piece of food consumed other than popcorn, ( which will still heal 1 HP ) Turkey Legs, and Hamburgers which will heal 75% each.
- CPU Theives can steal food.
- The popcorn food type can come in one of three varieties, all pictured above. They are all functionally the same, and spin around in the air when knocked out of the boss before landing.
- There are several strange foods that are unique to the side mode All You Can Quaff. They spawn very rarely, and have no special effects.
- There are some food items that appear both in the main campaign and in All You Can Quaff. These are the Turkey leg, Red Apple, Pear, Banana, and Cherries.