Fencer's specialties include ultimate boss slaying, combo locking, basic juggling, and knockback crowd control.
Fencers are first seen carrying Orange Princess for the Industrial Prince, as he's offered a deal with a Beefy Thief for taking said princess for his keeping. Next, multiple Fencers are seen paired up with Industrialists and a Beefy Brute that are all defending the Industrial Prince from the player(s) in the Industrial Castle level. Finally, Fencers are resurrected by the Necromancer in the Necromancer's Room in the Wizard Castle Interior level.
Fencers are loyal to the Industrial Prince, as they are the bulk of his army and defend him from the invading player(s).
Being true to their name, Fencers have fencing gear on the head and body. Fencers, like Industrialists, have buzzsaw technology.
The best character in the game, alongside Industrialist. Fencer's Splash Attack has way too many upsides. This allows Fencer and Industrialist to trivialize any encounter in the game, in a heartbeat. The reduction of damage from attacking regular enemies is essentially buried under the positives of Fencer. The "Saw Trap" Splash Attack defies terrain. Guaranteed the easiest time all around, no matter what game type.
Capitalize on Magic as soon as possible. Weapon choice almost doesn't make a difference due to how powerful the "Saw Trap" Splash Attack is. Fencer, Industrialist, and to a lesser extant any boss slayer in the game, bar Fire Demon and Red Knight, truly only struggle against massive amounts of enemies or a very quick heavyweight such as in Thieves' Forest and Wizard Castle Interior and Conehead Groom, respectively. Especially if the Fencer player can not utilize Juggling at all to save his/her life. The "Saw Trap" Splash Attack alleviates a lot of that stress, admittedly. Easiest Normal Mode and easiest Insane Mode, when the latter is mastered.
Late game, Fencer lives up to his reputation. Recommended to use a Strength heavy weapon, a Magic heavy weapon, or both. Animal Orb selection does make a bit of difference. The top 3 in Piggy, Snoot, and Hawkster, will suffice.
If it wasn't any good enough, Fencer is one of the most powerful Arena characters. The "Saw Trap" Splash Attack, while lacking time and regeneration, still functions with the overpowered nature of it, leading to an easy mediumweight juggle.
- Fencer and Industrialist are reskins of each other.
- Fencer is widely considered the most powerful character in the game, in Castle Crashers, along with Industrialist.
- They have the most powerful Splash Attack out of any character in the game.
- They also have the Splash Attack with the most number of hits out of all characters in the game.
- Fencer, Industrialist, and Killer Beekeeper's magic jump is the equivalent of an obstacle in Alien Ship. Killer Beekeepers uses Bees instead of buzzsaws however.
- Fencer can be used to earn "The Traitor" Achievement/Trophy by defeating the Industrial Machine.
- NPC Fencers have the ability to throw Bombs freely; which deals the highest amount of damage out of all of the other NPCs to have this ability.