The Cyclops is a boss in the game Castle Crashers. It is speculated by a majority of the players that the Cyclops is the father of the Conehead Groom however, this is unlikely since you can see in the undead version of the Conehead Groom that he has two eyes. Its more likely that he is his best friend. He is also supposedly the King of Lava World.
The Cyclops attacks players by hitting them with a powerful double dagger stab, or throwing knives. He moves very fast, especially on Insane Mode, so players should use caution. After stabbing his knives into the ground four times, he will throw five knives at the player, which are deadly if hit in a close range, especially on Insane (300 hit). They can be dodged or blocked. Be careful when standing in his way when he's ready to stab, this attack cannot be blocked with the shield. At about ¼th of his health, he will glow red after throwing knives and begin running at the player as he does his stabbing move. This will make him considerably faster and make the end of the battle more difficult.
To defeat the Cyclops, attack until he begins his stabbing animation, then dodge the attack (this may take practice). Move to his back, or anywhere else, where he can be attacked. Slash him a few times until he pulls the daggers up again. Dodge the attack again and repeat the previous step. When he starts throwing knives, just block the attack. He will usually move away from the player to throw the knives, so this is a great opportunity to use the bow or ranged magic. Repeat the above steps, until he is defeated. High Agility is also recommended.
If a character counts with a multiple hit Splash Attack, and if his Magic stat has been upgraded to a considerable degree, he will be able to deal a big amount of damage to Cyclops in a very short time; a strategy that works with almost all enemies who can't be knocked down.
The Cyclops runs and jumps into a pit of lava and burn to death. He starts flailing his arms and goes under, giving a thumbs-up when in deep.
- Because of his actions in the game, the Cyclops (and the Conehead Groom) might not be technically evil, as he was most likely misleaded by the Evil Wizard.
- The Cyclops is also the one who originally took the Green Princess from the Thieves in the Tall Grass Field.
- At the end of the first battle against the Cyclops, he falls down into a lava pit and gives a thumbs up as he dies. This is a reference to the 1992 film Terminator 2: Judgment Day, where the T-800 gives a thumbs-up while being lowered into molten metal.
- At the beginning of the level and throughout the boss battle, the Cyclops can be seen taunting the player.
- The Cyclops is the only boss in Castle Crashers to be fought two times (the Troll Mother doesn't count as she becomes a regular enemy).
- It's possible that one of the four crystals at the end of the game was originally stolen from Cyclops.
- It is believed that the Cyclops is related to the Conehead Groom somehow. Somewhere along the way in Cyclops' Fortress, a photo on the wall can be seen of the Cyclops and the Conehead Groom holding a shark, resembling a father and son moment.
- The Cyclops falling into the lava pit appears to be more of an accident rather than for being defeated by the player.