Civilian's specialties include combo locking and basic juggling.
A Civilian appears in Barracks where he is playing the cello near a band of Peasants in the Home Castle level. Next, it is assumed that the Skeletons in Lava World are resurrected Civilians that the Necromancer summoned to attack the player(s). Later on, two Civilians and a Peasant are seen fighting a group of Snakeys in the later part of Marsh with one of them being a Beefy. Immediately afterwards, one of the Civilians will follow the player(s) into the corn field along with that same Peasant, where they will sit and watch the player(s) fight the Corn Boss in the Corn Boss level but will fight the corn boss if you stand near them and get the corn to pop up under them. Finally, in Final Battle, after the player(s) has/have gotten on the crystal after killing the Evil Wizard and sitting through the end credits, a Civilian is seen playing his violin, again.
Civilians seemingly respect the King with loyalty, as they help the player(s) out in battle.
Civilian is the only other character besides Pink Knight that seems to be expressing a form of happiness in his portrait and may be the only character to have any hair, along with the Saracen. He has the same build as the Peasant. If you did not unlock the Pitchfork from Castle Keep by Level Skipping, then you will gain the Pitchfork if you beat the game with Peasant.
Civilian's respective "Arrow Rain" Splash Attack and "Dagger" Magic Projectile and Air Projectile make him a member of the fan nicknamed "Arrow Rainers". Bland and common characters that show off nothing special at all. They are painfully below average, and are not unique, unlike the characters below them. These are the aforementioned Civilian, Thief, Stove Face, Peasant, and Open-Faced Gray Knight.
Below average character because of their splash being delayed enemies can often just slip through without getting hit. It's bad in almost every situation you use it in. The only notable use is stunning beefies in order to start juggles.
One of the worst characters for arena because of their splash being delayed it barely hits opponents, and isn’t reliable for resets.
- Civilian is one of the six playable characters to show his full head. The other five are Skeleton, Fire Demon, Bear, King, and Alien Hominid.
- Civilian's character portrait is a reference to the internet emote :3.
- The Civilians that appear in the Marsh and Corn Boss levels have the same exact shield that a Barbarian uses.
- The regular Civilian in Marsh has on black armor, which is exactly the same that a Conehead or a Stove Face or the Necromancer would use.
- Civilian, Conehead, Fire Demon, Necromancer, and Stove Face share the same exact shield.
- There is a special variety of Civilian in the Parade level.
- Civilian is the only playable character in the entire game that shows his hair in his character portrait, besides the Saracen.