Bosses are the final challenge in almost every level. There are some minor bosses (also known as Mini Bosses) who are fought midway through a level, with a harder boss waiting at the end. However, all four bosses within the game's final level are considered bosses. Certain bosses may appear multiple times in a level or, in one case, reappear as a normal enemy in a later level.
List of Bosses and their Locations
- Barbarian Boss — Barbarian Boss
- Troll Mother — Thieves' Forest, Marsh (counted as an enemy instead)
- Catfish — Catfish
- Pipistrello — Pipistrello's Cave
- Conehead Groom — Wedding Crash
- Giant Troll — Parade
- Cyclops — Cyclops' Fortress
- Industrial Machine — Industrial Castle
- Dragon and Sock Puppet — Lava World
- Corn Boss — Corn Boss
- Medusa — Medusa's Lair
- Frost King — Ice Castle
- Painter — Wizard Castle Interior (Only boss to drop Food when killed, as well as the only boss to drop Health Potions, but only on Insane Mode)
- Undead Cyclops — Wizard Castle Interior
- Necromancer — Wizard Castle Interior
- Evil Wizard — Final Battle
List of Minor Bosses and their Locations
- War Machine — Barbarian War
- Bear Boss — Tall Grass Field
- Volcano — Lava World (Only boss that can be only killed with Sandwiches)
- Alien Ship — Desert
- Crystal Shards — Final Battle
Boss Slayers are playable characters that have the ability to kill any boss baring the Troll Mother, Bear Boss, Conehead Groom (one exception), Giant Troll, Volcano, Dragon and Sock Puppet (one exception), Corn Boss, Frost King, and Necromancer (one exception) extremely quickly or at the very least at a tolerable rate. They tend to be generalists, due to this.
Here are the following boss slayers in no particular order:
- Red Knight (very loosely, but he kills the Conehead Groom and Necromancer quicker than any other boss slayer; warranting his spot here as the ultimate specialist Boss Slayer.)
- Killer Beekeeper (kills the Dragon and Sock Puppet and the Alien Ships quicker than any of these boss slayers; also useful in Final Battle, when Phase 1, 3, 4, and 5 of the Evil Wizard is active, major downside is that his "Bee Rain" Splash Attack is extremely fragile, thus, Killer Beekeeper is the weakest Boss Slayer in the game.)
- There are a total of 21 bosses to fight in all versions of Castle Crashers.
- Evil Wizard has the most phases out of every boss in the entire game with 5 (6 if counting the Crystal Shards).
- Volcano is the only boss in the entire game that requires an item in order to kill it.
- The following bosses, when killed, will give you these respective Princesses. if playing in co-op, the players will have to duel until there is one person standing to receive a kiss from the princesses.
- Pipistrello deals the highest damage out of all the bosses in the entire game with 999 damage dealt from his tongue attack on Insane Mode; enough to kill anyone below 1,000+ HP.